GAMEHIGHED connects four universities and a game industry association in a 3-year project to develop innovative teaching programmes, open edu-resources [OER] and recommendations for higher education leading to game dev careers. Funded under Erasmus+, this is a Strategic Partnership with five Partners:
- Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz, Poland (Coordinator)
- University of Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Charles University, Czechia
- Bahcesehir University, Turkey
- Czech Game Developers Association
Further support from Associated Partners
The primary mission is to release a set of Intellectual Outputs (as they are called in Erasmus+) under open licenses, free-to-use for non-commercial and commercial purposes.
- O1 – GAMEHIGHED Initial Report outlining the situation of game-focused higher-ed in the four countries
- O2 – model BA curriculum for Game Design & Development
- O3 – OERs supporting O2 (syllabi, lesson plans, etc.)
- O4 – model MA curriculum for Game Research & Development
- O5 – OERs supporting O4
- O6 – GAMEHIGHED Curriculum Framework: game-focused curriculum design tool
- O8 – Game Jam Handbook: handbook on the organisation of game jams as educational tools
- O9 – Game Jam Workshop: framework and materials for pre-game jam workshops
- O10 – GAMEHIGHED Companion: set of final conclusions, guidelines and recommendations
The project also funds 4 mutual study visits to Partner universities, 6 long-term exchanges of teaching staff, and 6 multiplier events disseminating the project outputs across the four countries.
A longer description is available on E+ Project Results Platform.